Mars Police Department
Our mission is to maintain a highly professional staff and an effective task force determined to protect life and property, solve neighborhood problems, and enhance the quality of life in our community.
Tips For Dealing With Door To Door Salespersons And Vendors
Residents of Mars: The Mars Police Department would like you to be careful when approached by door to door salespersons and vendors. Please check that they have a copy of a proper permit, issued by the Mars Borough Office and signed by the Officer in Charge or the officer on duty on that day. They must also have and display a company picture ID on their person. We are aware that there are companies who go door to door without a permit and are overly aggressive with residents. Be careful of the following:
- Don’t let them push you into letting them into you home.
- Make sure they have clear, legible, official company identifications.
- Make them produce the copy of the permit issued by the Borough of Mars.
- Don’t be pressured into signing a contract until you have time to review it and check out the company. (Pennsylvania State Law gives you three (3) day to cancel a contract signed at your residence.)
- Don’t let them pressure you to allow them to “check” on a meter or batteries.
- Consider just taking their information and tell them you will call them at another time.
- Make them take “NO” for an answer if you do not want the goods or service.
If you feel unsafe, or any of the above is happening, do not hesitate to call the Mars Police by calling 9 – 1 – 1
The Mars Borough Police Department DOES NOT provide fingerprinting services, contrary to what is published on some independent websites.
Our neighboring Police Department in Cranberry township does offer fingerprinting services. Please check their website for more information: https://www.cranberrytownship.org/895/Fingerprinting.
If you would like to submit a Right-to-Know request, please download the form below or visit https://www.openrecords.pa.gov/RTKL/Forms.cfm. All requests for information must be accompanied by this form.
RIGHT-TO-KNOW REQUEST FORM (PDF)
RIGHT-TO-KNOW REQUEST FORM (DOCX)
If you are unable to download the form, please contact the Borough office at 724-625-1858 to request a printed copy.
Mars Borough Police Department Right-to-Know Officer: Officer in Charge Mark Lint