Mars Police Department
Tips For Dealing With Door To Door Salespersons And Vendors
Residents of Mars: The Mars Police Department would like you to be careful when approached by door to door salespersons and vendors. Please check that they have a copy of a proper permit, issued by the Mars Borough Office and signed by the Chief of Police. They must also have and display a company picture ID on their person. We are aware that there are companies who go door to door without a permit and are overly aggressive with residents. Be careful of the following:
- Don’t let them push you into letting them into you home.
- Make sure they have clear, legible, official company identifications.
- Make them produce the copy of the permit issued by the Borough of Mars.
- Don’t be pressured into signing a contract until you have time to review it and check out the company. (Pennsylvania State Law gives you three (3) day to cancel a contract signed a your residence)
- Don’t let them pressure you to allow them to “check” on a meter or batteries.
- Consider just taking their information and tell them you will call them at another time.
- Make them take “NO” for an answer if you do not want the goods or service.
If you feel unsafe or any of the above is happening, do not hesitate to call the Mars Police by calling 9 – 1 – 1
I am honored and proud to serve as the Chief of Police for the borough of Mars. I am committed to you and I will ensure that the standards of the department remain high.
We will continually seek ways to improve our performance and level of service to those in our community. We are focused on the safety of our residents, businesses, and visitors.
Our job is to protect the citizens of Mars which we do on a daily basis, however we ask for your assistance by calling 9-1-1 anytimes you see someone or something suspicious, or someone in need. We must be diligent to keep a watchful eye for the safety of ourselves and others.
The members of the Mars Borough Police Department are some of the most dedicated and loyal public servants in the law enforcement profession, and we promise to serve and protect you with pride, commitment, and courage.
Thank you for taking the time to visit the new website. We will be updating it to keep you informed of our operations, activities, and other general information.
Chief Kevin C. Radford
If you would like to submit a Right-to-Know request, please download the form below or visit https://www.openrecords.pa.gov/RTKL/Forms.cfm. All requests for information must be accompanied by this form.
If you are unable to download the form, please contact the Borough office at 724-625-1858 to request a printed copy.
Mars Borough Police Department Right-to-Know Officer: Chief Kevin Radford