Light Up NightDecember 7, 2019
Celebrate with us!
Mars Borough would like to thank Mars Bank for their continued support of community events like Light Up Night, and for their donation to help purchase the tree and some new decorations!
Grand Avenue & Pittsburgh Street will be shut down from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM. (If you park on the street prior to 4:00 PM, please make sure to move your vehicle to one of the Public Parking Areas.)
|3:00 PM – 5:00 PM||Storytime with Santa @ The Peach Tree Creamery & Bakery|
|4:00 PM – 8:00 PM||Food vendors & booths will be open along Grand Avenue and Pittsburgh Street.|
|Be sure to stop in and sample the delicious food from downtown businesses, get your picture taken at the Charlie Brown Christmas photo booth, visit the library to cast your vote on the gingerbread houses and write letters to Santa, and pick up a Christmas tree from Salvaged PGH before you leave town!|
|5:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Carolers from the Girl Scouts|
|6:00 PM||Join Santa in a foot parade from The Peach Tree Creamery & Bakery, down Grand Avenue, to the tree in “Spaceship Park.” He’ll need everyone’s help counting down to the tree lighting!|
|Stick around to visit with Santa after the tree is lit and make sure to get a photo with the tree and the spaceship!|
|6:00 PM – 8:00 PM||Living Nativity at Mars United Presbyterian Church|
|6:30 PM||Mayor Gregg Hartung will issue a proclamation naming December 7, 2019 as Mars Girls Championship Soccer Day! Mayor Hartung will address the crowd and present a Community Recognition Award to the Mars Girls Soccer Team for their outstanding achievement. Join Mayor Hartung in celebrating the success of these bright young stars!|
|7:00 PM||‘The Star’ will be shown at Woodland Valley Church.|
- Story Time with Santa will be held from 3:00 – 5:00 PM at The Peach Tree Creamery & Bakery. You can also meet Mrs. Claus, some of Santa’s Elves, and some Nutcrackers!
- Visit the Mars Area Public Library to write a letter to Santa and vote on the Gingerbread Houses!
- Get your photo taken at the Charlie Brown Christmas photo booth located on Pittsburgh Street.
- Pick up your Christmas Tree at Salvaged PGH and take a picture with their Giant Snowman!
- Stop in at Revamp Decor where kids can paint their own ornament!
- Enjoy carolers as they sing songs of the season around downtown Mars!
- Mars United Presbyterian Church will have a Living Nativity from 6:00 – 8:00 PM, complete with live animals!
- Stop by to see what the Mars Space Pioneers are up to and sign a Card for Soldiers!
Mars Borough would like to thank all of the participating businesses and volunteers. You are what makes this town truly out of this world!
There is a limited amount of Vendor space. If you are interested in a booth, please contact the Mars Borough office at 724-625-1858, or visit the contact page to request more information.