Upcoming Meetings & Events
Revitalization MeetingApril 30, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Mars Area Public Library, 107 Grand Ave, Mars, PA 16046, USA
Join Mayor Gregg Hartung for Revitalization updates.
Council MeetingMay 7, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm 598 Spring Ave, Mars, PA 16046, USA
Planning Commission MeetingMay 14, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Mars Borough Council Meeting Room (598 Spring Avenue, Mars, PA 16046)
The Mars Borough Planning Commission Meeting holds its meetings on the second Monday (or third Monday, when necessary) of each month.
If you wish to be put on the agenda, please call the Mars Borough office at 724-625-1858.
Police Memorial DayMay 15, 2018
PAYMENT DUE FOR 2ND QUARTER WATER BILLSMay 15, 2018
PAYMENT DUE FOR 2ND QUARTER WATER BILLS
You can mail your payment to: Mars Borough, PO Box 395, Mars, PA 16046 or you can drop a check or money order off at the Borough Office located at 598 Spring Avenue, Mars, PA. If you cannot bring payment during Office Hours, you can drop your payment through the mail slot at the front door and your payment will be applied the next work day.
You can also pay online by going to http://www.marsborough.com and clicking on the QUICK LINK: PAY YOUR WATER BILL ONLINE link located on the homepage.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 724-625-1858.
Mars Borough Bulletin Board
Stay up to date on important news and information.
- QUICK LINK: PAY YOUR WATER BILL ONLINE
- WATER CUSTOMERS: Please take note that the mailing address for water payments has been PO Box 395, Mars, PA 16046 since 2015. Please update the address with any bill pay services, as some payments are not reaching us or not arriving in a timely manner. We appreciate your help in this matter.
- Click here to fill out the Mars Borough Resident Statistics form we’ll be using to create an alert system for the Borough so we can send important bulletins and emergency information (only when necessary).
- REMINDER: SNOW IS NOT TO BE DEPOSITED ONTO THE STREETS. (click here for the SNOW REMOVAL section of our code)
A Message from Your Mayor
- Change Is Coming to Mars! - Change in our community is similar to the changes we experience with the seasons each year! Mars has had a number of seasons in its nearly 150 years of being a town. It started out as a railroad stop called Overbrook. When a Post Office was established, and the town began to grow beyond just […]
- Mayor’s Message 02/15/2018 - Remembering my good friend, and the late Mayor Richard “Dick” Settlemire, as I prepare for my dad’s memorial service this month, made for many fond memories of growing-up in the area that encompasses Mars, Adams, Callery, Valencia, Middlesex, Evans City, and Zelienople. The changes brought on by population growth are almost unimaginable from the 60’s […]
- Mayor’s Message 01/11/2018 - Conserve Water Notice lifted! It was a challenging start to the New Year for residents of Mars Borough. About a week ago, our Public Works crew realized the reservoir was not keeping it’s normal level to serve the community. So, the search was on for a break in a line because of the drop in […]
- Mayor’s Top 12 List for Mars 2017 - 12. Downtown Mars attracts 2 new businesses opening in 2018 Stick City Brewing started to move in and re-invent the former fire department building into a brewery to open in the first quarter of 2018. At the other end of town in the former Sweet House Shop will become The Peach Tree Creamery & Bakery. […]
Here’s some of our most recent blog posts:
- A Championship Parade for the State Champion Mars Area High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team and Other Sports is Slated - A parade will be held in downtown Mars at 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 28, to celebrate the championship seasons of the girls and boys basketball teams, which just ended in March. A flashback will happen with that memorable end to the girls winning the state title. “It was all tied at for the Mars […]
- Fix a Leak Week - Some of you may be familiar with the Borough policy that states if water goes through a meter at a property it’s billable. If you are aware of this policy because you have had a leak (which has, hopefully, been fixed) you know leaks can “use” a lot of water. And, I mean a lot! […]
- Residents Advised to Update Water Payment Information - It has come to our attention that some residents are still sending water payments to an old PO Box. For the last several years the appropriate PO Box for water payments has been the main Borough box, PO Box 395. This is not a recent change. We believe the post office has kindly been forwarding […]
- Water Update 01/12/2018 - Water Update 01/12/2018 (9:15 AM EST) Yet another water break has been located on Oakland Street, between Stanton Avenue and Pearl Avenue. The line has been shut off until repairs are finished, so water pressure to residents in the surrounding area should equalize soon. Only a handful of residents will be without water until the […]
- Phantom Water Leak Found! - Good news for Mars residents! A break was found in one of our largest water mains running beneath Long Alley to Pittsburgh Street. We are fairly confident this was what caused the water level to fluctuate in our reservoir the last 4-5 days. Public Works has made repairs and is gradually refilling lines, allowing for […]