Upcoming Meetings & Events
Council MeetingMarch 5, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm 598 Spring Ave, Mars, PA 16046, USA
Planning Commission MeetingMarch 12, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Mars Borough Council Meeting Room (598 Spring Avenue, Mars, PA 16046)
The Mars Borough Planning Commission Meeting holds its meetings on the second Monday (or third Monday, when necessary) of each month.
If you wish to be put on the agenda, please call the Mars Borough office at 724-625-1858.
Mars Borough Bulletin Board
Stay up to date on important news and information.
- QUICK LINK: PAY YOUR WATER BILL ONLINE
- Thanks to our friends at The Print Shop at Office Things for their Emergency Winter Checklist. It’s a great place to get started with emergency preparations as the weather continues to be cold and snowy.
- Click here to fill out the Mars Borough Resident Statistics form we’ll be using to create an alert system for the Borough so we can send important bulletins and emergency information (only when necessary).
- REMINDER: SNOW IS NOT TO BE DEPOSITED ONTO THE STREETS. (click here for the SNOW REMOVAL section of our code)
A Message from Your Mayor
- Mayor’s Message 02/15/2018 - Remembering my good friend, and the late Mayor Richard “Dick” Settlemire, as I prepare for my dad’s memorial service this month, made for many fond memories of growing-up in the area that encompasses Mars, Adams, Callery, Valencia, Middlesex, Evans City, and Zelienople. The changes brought on by population growth are almost unimaginable from the 60’s […]
- Mayor’s Message 01/11/2018 - Conserve Water Notice lifted! It was a challenging start to the New Year for residents of Mars Borough. About a week ago, our Public Works crew realized the reservoir was not keeping it’s normal level to serve the community. So, the search was on for a break in a line because of the drop in […]
- Mayor’s Top 12 List for Mars 2017 - 12. Downtown Mars attracts 2 new businesses opening in 2018 Stick City Brewing started to move in and re-invent the former fire department building into a brewery to open in the first quarter of 2018. At the other end of town in the former Sweet House Shop will become The Peach Tree Creamery & Bakery. […]
Here’s some of our most recent blog posts:
- Water Update 01/12/2018 - Water Update 01/12/2018 (9:15 AM EST) Yet another water break has been located on Oakland Street, between Stanton Avenue and Pearl Avenue. The line has been shut off until repairs are finished, so water pressure to residents in the surrounding area should equalize soon. Only a handful of residents will be without water until the […]
- Phantom Water Leak Found! - Good news for Mars residents! A break was found in one of our largest water mains running beneath Long Alley to Pittsburgh Street. We are fairly confident this was what caused the water level to fluctuate in our reservoir the last 4-5 days. Public Works has made repairs and is gradually refilling lines, allowing for […]