When inclement weather occurs, office hours may be altered. Call 724-625-1858 to ensure the office is open on days when the weather is bad.
Mars Borough Bulletin Board
Stay up to date on important news and information.
- July 4th Celebration - Celebrate Independence Day with us! Visit the Mars 4th of July page for a schedule of events, parade route, and other event information. Click here to download the July 4th Celebration Flyer
- Water System Improvements - Attention, Residents of Mars Borough: We have received several notifications of rusty/cloudy water over the last several months. In order to prevent this from continuing, significant upgrades are currently being made to the water system. The work is scheduled to be finished today, June 6, 2019. If you have any rusty or cloudy water in […]
- Street Sweeping - On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 Mars Borough Streets will be swept. Residents are reminded to park off street to ensure the equipment can get through town as quickly and efficiently as possible. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Road Closures Ahead - Pittsburgh Street between Route 228 and Kelley Alley will be closed at 7:00 PM Thursday (05/16/2019) evening to accommodate work on the water line in conjunction with the road work being done on Route 228. The road will reopen early Friday (05/17/2019) morning. Residents in this area have been notified that water will be shut […]
- If your water isn’t clear… - 04/09/2019 We have received quite a few calls at the Borough office from residents concerned because their water isn’t clear The bad news is, a large house fire in the Borough had multiple fire companies responding. When there is such a large draw of water through the system any little bits of sediment that might […]
- Snow Storm - Please, if you need to be out on the streets and roads of Mars later today and Sunday be careful. Snow and ice can make travel hazardous. If you need assistance from Mars police or public works please dial 911 and we will respond as soon as possible. Call volume maybe heavy, so be patient, […]
- Winter Storm Approaches - The first winter storm of 2019 is upon us. The Public Works crew has been hard at work over the last few days, preparing plow vehicles and having 110 tons of salt delivered in an effort to be prepared for this weekend’s storm. There are a few things Borough residents can do to make things […]
- Winter Storm Preparations - We welcomed 2019 with mild — sometimes almost Spring-like — weather. Now, halfway through January, that’s about to change. As residents and municipalities across the region prepare for the first large snow storm of the winter, Public Works has been working diligently to ensure Mars Borough is stocked with enough salt for roads and the […]
- Council to Vote on Methodist Church Property - On January 7, 2019, at the regularly scheduled Borough Council Meeting, members of Mars Borough Council will accept public comment on the proposed purchase of the former Methodist Church on Pittsburgh Street.
- Mars Borough Holiday Hours - As we approach the end of the year, some Borough departments will have limited hours. The Administration Office and Public Works Department will be closed Monday, December 24, 2018 and Tuesday, December 25, 2018, as well as Monday, December 31, 2018 and Tuesday, January 1, 2019. Police coverage will be as usual. If you have […]
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Council MeetingAugust 5, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm 598 Spring Ave, Mars, PA 16046, USA
Planning Commission MeetingAugust 12, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Mars Borough Council Meeting Room (598 Spring Avenue, Mars, PA 16046)
The Mars Borough Planning Commission Meeting holds its meetings on the second Monday (or third Monday, when necessary) of each month.
If you wish to be put on the agenda, please call the Mars Borough office at 724-625-1858.
PAYMENT DUE FOR 3RD QUARTER WATER BILLSAugust 15, 2019
PAYMENT DUE FOR 3RD QUARTER WATER BILLS
You can mail your payment to: Mars Borough, PO Box 395, Mars, PA 16046 or you can drop a check or money order off at the Borough Office located at 598 Spring Avenue, Mars, PA. If you cannot bring payment during Office Hours, you can drop your payment through the mail slot at the front door and your payment will be applied the next work day.
You can also pay online by going to http://www.marsborough.com and clicking on the QUICK LINK: PAY YOUR WATER BILL ONLINE link located on the homepage.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 724-625-1858.
A Message from Your Mayor
- Summer Message from Mayor Hartung - Summer is here and the temps are heating up! Be smart and be safe. On behalf of the elected officials and employees I want to “thank you” the residents, business owners, and voters who call Mars Boroug h your home for helping with July 4th and Mars New Year. We celebrated together the country that […]
- Reflect, Stand in Place, & Move Forward - We are fortunate in being able to review, do what we are able to do within a day, and plan for the future! The Christmas holiday has us do these three steps each year. Recall those special memories, give and receive during the year-end holiday in many ways to say our “thank you” to those […]
- Thanksgiving Message from Mayor Hartung - On Thanksgiving, my family with friends, will join folks across our community in sitting down together to give thanks for the good in our lives. When I look back over the years I have served as Mayor, what strikes me most is that, despite the challenges, for the most part, we have remained kind to […]
- It’s Autumn in Mars! - Fall begins and we all get into a different rhythm of life as the days get cooler and the leaves begin to turn colors to start their fall to the ground in our town. Fall brings the longstanding Mars Apple Fest on October 6, 2018 beginning at 10:00 AM and running until 4:00 PM throughout […]
- Working Together to Make Mars Better for Tomorrow - Helping our community be the best it can be is a challenge that is always in front of me and town council members. We hear the suggestions and take them seriously! We hear the complaints and try to address them with a fair and commonsense approach to resolve the various situations. Working together is the […]
- Summer is a good time to learn! - Maybe a little less structure, but still encouraging children and our youth to be learning throughout the summer is essential for our community! The Mars Public Library has been and continues to be one of the best assets serving the area year-round. In the summer, when schools are closed and retooling for the fall, the […]
- Mayor’s 4th of July Message - MARS FOURTH OF JULY July 4th Festivities will begin with a picnic on the square in the downtown, where the spaceship is located, beginning at 3:00 PM. The afternoon will be full of food, fun, music, activities for children, and good conversation. Parade line-up will begin at 4:00 PM at Marburger Field and the Parade […]
- Gearing Up to Prepare for the Next Mars New Year in 2019! - Since February, the Mars New Year Committee has been taking the initial steps to broadly scope out the possibilities for the next planet Mars New Year celebration to take place on planet Earth in 2019. The actual Mars New Year will be celebrated on Thursday, March 21st, 2019. We will have our Blast-Off Dinner at […]
- Change Is Coming to Mars! - Change in our community is similar to the changes we experience with the seasons each year! Mars has had a number of seasons in its nearly 150 years of being a town. It started out as a railroad stop called Overbrook. When a Post Office was established, and the town began to grow beyond just […]
- Mayor’s Message 02/15/2018 - Remembering my good friend, and the late Mayor Richard “Dick” Settlemire, as I prepare for my dad’s memorial service this month, made for many fond memories of growing-up in the area that encompasses Mars, Adams, Callery, Valencia, Middlesex, Evans City, and Zelienople. The changes brought on by population growth are almost unimaginable from the 60’s […]