Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, Butler County and Mars Borough Council have authorized the extension of the due date for 2020 County/Borough Real Estate Taxes until November 30, 2020.
If your tax payment is postmarked by November 30, 2020 you may pay the face value. If payments are postmarked after December 1, 2020, you must pay the penalty value.
At this time, the 2020 school tax due dates are expected to remain the same. Municipalities and schools throughout the state may have chosen to set different due dates and penalty dates.
*This information only applies to Mars Borough residents.*
Borough Offices Closed: In an effort to limit the potential risk of COVID-19 to visitors and/or Borough Employees, the offices of Mars Borough are closed to the public. You can call 724-625-1858 to have questions answered or make an appointment to speak to someone in person, drop-off/pick-up permits, etc. If there is no answer, please leave a message and someone will return the call as soon as possible during regular business hours. As always, water payments can be dropped through the mail slot on the front door or payment can be made online at www.MarsBorough.com. (Note: Payments over the phone are not accepted at this time.) Please remember, if you do make an appointment to come into the office in-person a mask is required and social distancing will be observed as much as possible.
Mars Borough Bulletin Board
Stay up to date on important news and information.
- See the Public Safety Resource Page for COVID-19 related information.
- QUICK LINK: PAY YOUR WATER BILL ONLINE
- WATER CUSTOMERS: Please note the mailing address for water payments is PO Box 395, Mars, PA 16046.
- Mars Borough is seeking one (1) candidate to fill one open seat on the Zoning Hearing Board. If you are interested, please call the Borough Office at 724-625-1858.
- Mars Borough is seeking two (2) candidates to fill two open seats on the Planning Commission. If you are interested, please call the Borough Office at 724-625-1858.
A Message from Your Mayor
- Mayor Signs Declaration of Disaster Emergency - This declaration is being made by Mars Borough to coordinate response measures which may need to occur with state and county officials. This is a public announcement not intended to alarm residents of any new health risks and/or incidents taking place within our community that would be addressed by the appropriate medical authorities for our […]
- Staying Healthy in Mars (Updated) - Update 03/10/2020: The President, his administration, and the federal government has made the most up to date information available recently via this website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html They ask us to take commonsense steps for our families, schools, churches, eating establishments, and senior centers. It is all spelled out on the website. Please share this link for information […]
- Fall begins! - Fall begins and we all get into a different rhythm of life as the days get cooler and the leaves begin to turn colors to start their fall to the ground in our town. Obviously, we at the borough are trying to plan what will be our possible dates for leaf pick-up! Watch for the […]
- Summer Message from Mayor Hartung - Summer is here and the temps are heating up! Be smart and be safe. On behalf of the elected officials and employees I want to “thank you” the residents, business owners, and voters who call Mars Boroug h your home for helping with July 4th and Mars New Year. We celebrated together the country that […]
- Reflect, Stand in Place, & Move Forward - We are fortunate in being able to review, do what we are able to do within a day, and plan for the future! The Christmas holiday has us do these three steps each year. Recall those special memories, give and receive during the year-end holiday in many ways to say our “thank you” to those […]
- Thanksgiving Message from Mayor Hartung - On Thanksgiving, my family with friends, will join folks across our community in sitting down together to give thanks for the good in our lives. When I look back over the years I have served as Mayor, what strikes me most is that, despite the challenges, for the most part, we have remained kind to […]
- It’s Autumn in Mars! - Fall begins and we all get into a different rhythm of life as the days get cooler and the leaves begin to turn colors to start their fall to the ground in our town. Fall brings the longstanding Mars Apple Fest on October 6, 2018 beginning at 10:00 AM and running until 4:00 PM throughout […]
- Working Together to Make Mars Better for Tomorrow - Helping our community be the best it can be is a challenge that is always in front of me and town council members. We hear the suggestions and take them seriously! We hear the complaints and try to address them with a fair and commonsense approach to resolve the various situations. Working together is the […]
- Summer is a good time to learn! - Maybe a little less structure, but still encouraging children and our youth to be learning throughout the summer is essential for our community! The Mars Public Library has been and continues to be one of the best assets serving the area year-round. In the summer, when schools are closed and retooling for the fall, the […]
- Mayor’s 4th of July Message - MARS FOURTH OF JULY July 4th Festivities will begin with a picnic on the square in the downtown, where the spaceship is located, beginning at 3:00 PM. The afternoon will be full of food, fun, music, activities for children, and good conversation. Parade line-up will begin at 4:00 PM at Marburger Field and the Parade […]
- NASA Launches Perseverance Rover to Mars! - Watch as NASA launches the Perseverance Rover to Mars!
- Crowe Avenue Shut Down - On Thursday, July 23, 2020, at 6:00 PM, Mars Borough Public Works / Water Department will be shutting down a block of Crowe Avenue between School Street and Clark Street in Mars Borough to perform work on a water line. The closure is expected to last several hours and the road will be reopened by […]
- No Burning - On Monday, July 20, 2020 at a Borough Council Meeting, Mars Borough Council voted to temporarily ban the open burning of any items, including yard waste, tree trimmings, etc. at the request of Adams Area Fire District. Dry weather conditions have meant that grass can easily catch fire and that fire can spread quickly. Please […]
- Applefest Cancelled - On Monday, July 13, 2020, Mars Borough was notified that the Rich-Mar Rotary has made the difficult decision to cancel Applefest. Planners were concerned they would not be able to ensure social distancing and mask protocols in a way they were comfortable with. More information can be found at www.MarsApplefest.com.
- July 4th Fireworks - Fireworks will be set off on the east side of Mars Borough at dusk on Saturday, July 4, 2020. Spectators are asked to observe all CDC and Department of Health guidelines.
- COVID-19 Relief Statewide Small Business Assistance - The COVID-19 Relief Statewide Small Business Assistance program is now open to applications. $225 Million has been allocated by the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) for grants ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 to small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Learn more by clicking the link below or going to https://dced.pa.gov/programs/covid-19-relief-statewide-small-business-assistance/. COVID-19 Relief Statewide […]
- NOTICE re: 05/04/2020 Council Meeting - UPDATE 05/01/2020 2020-05-04 Council Meeting Agenda – draft 04/29/2020 To All Mars Borough Residents and members of the public: Mars Borough Council will be holding their 05/04/2020 Council Meeting remotely. At this time, Mars Borough does not have the appropriate software or online memberships to facilitate communication with the public during the meeting, however […]
- Greater Pittsburgh Food distribution event in Butler County - The information below was provided by Butler County. Date: Tuesday April 28, 2020 Time: 10 AM until Noon Place: Butler Fairgrounds— Unionville Road entrance The Butler Fairgrounds is donating their location, resources, and time to assist the Food Bank and our local residents during this crisis and are happy to be able to help those […]
- Watch for the Easter Bunny - In a joint effort with Adams Township and Callery Borough, Mars Borough is happy to announce that our first responders will be helping to spread some Easter cheer by helping the Easter Bunny tour some of our local neighborhoods. Social Distancing and other CDC recommended guidelines will be observed, so please watch from your yard […]
- Access to Food Survey - The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Butler County have asked for as many residents as possible to answer the Access to Food Survey. If you have a moment, please take the time to complete the survey so resources can be allocated where needed. Thank you, and stay safe and healthy!
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Reserved - Planning Commission MeetingAugust 10, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- All Mars Borough Planning Commission meetings are open to the public.
- The Date and Time for Planning Commission meetings is pre-selected, however if there is nothing to be addressed by the Planning Commission the meetings will not take place until the next required meeting.
- Check www.MarsBorough.com for scheduled Planning Commission meetings.
PAYMENT DUE FOR 3RD QUARTER WATER BILLSAugust 15, 2020
PAYMENT DUE FOR 3RD QUARTER WATER BILLS
You can mail your payment to: Mars Borough, PO Box 395, Mars, PA 16046 or you can drop a check or money order off at the Borough Office located at 598 Spring Avenue, Mars, PA. If you cannot bring payment during Office Hours, you can drop your payment through the mail slot at the front door and your payment will be applied the next work day.
You can also pay online by going to http://www.marsborough.com and clicking on the QUICK LINK: PAY YOUR WATER BILL ONLINE link located on the homepage.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 724-625-1858.
Agenda MeetingAugust 17, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- All Mars Borough Council meetings are open to the public.
- The purpose of Agenda Meetings is to discuss topics in further detail and prepare for the next month's regular Council Meeting.
- Public Comment is welcome. (At the time of publication, time limits have not been imposed on visitors, however there is a possibility time limits will go into affect in 2020.)