When inclement weather occurs, office hours may be altered. Call 724-625-1858 to ensure the office is open on days when the weather is bad.
Mars Borough Bulletin Board
Stay up to date on important news and information.
- Christmas Tree Recycling in Adams Township - From December 26, 2019 to January 17, 2020, Adams Township will be collecting real trees in the large lot at Adams Township Community Park (698 Valencia Road, Mars, PA 16046). Trees are not to be placed in bags, and are to be free of all lights, decorations, tinsel, and tree stands. For more information, visit […]
- Water System Update - Notice to Mars Borough Residents: Repairs and pipe/component replacements are occurring at the Mars Borough Water Plant beginning Thursday, December 12, 2019. It is believed this work will take several days. In the meanwhile, the Borough and Adams Township Water authorized “turning on” the interconnect between the two systems to keep uninterrupted service to Mars […]
- Light Up Night in Mars! - Saturday, December 7, 2019 is Light Up Night in Mars! Click here for the schedule, participating businesses, and more info. Join us for this fun holiday event. Sample food from downtown businesses, get your photo taken with Santa or at one of several photo opportunities throughout town, and help Santa light the tree! Click […]
- Trick-or-Treat to Remain on 10/31/2019 - Trick-or-Treat in Mars Borough is still scheduled for Halloween Day, Thursday, October 31, 2019 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Residents are encouraged to use discretion, and have a happy and — most importantly — safe time.
- Halloween is coming to Mars Borough! - Martian Halloween Party! On Saturday, October 26, 2019, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, businesses and residents will celebrate with a Halloween Party! Prizes will be awarded for best decorations and costumes. (This event is being held on Grand Avenue, between Pittsburgh Street and Duncan Alley. Public parking will be available along Pittsburgh Street, off […]
- Mars Borough Welcomes Salvaged - Saturday, October 5, 2019 not only marks the 35th Mars Applefest, it’s also opening day for Salvaged. Stop in and see what they have to offer! Read more here: MEDIA ADVISORY- SALVAGED PGH
- What is Your Vision for Mars? - Mars Borough is pleased to announce three visioning workshops, in partnership with Chatham University graduate students, to examine the community’s strengths and weaknesses, and to begin forming a vision for the community’s future. If you would like to participate, the workshops will be held: October 9th, 16th, and 23rd. See more details below. Press Release […]
- Things to do in Mars - Mars Borough businesses were recently featured on NextPittsburgh.com. To read the full article, click here.
- Water Service to Proposed Howells Pine Avenue Development - On June 3, 2019 Mars Borough Council voted to provide water to the proposed housing development at the end of Pine Avenue in Adams Township, provided certain terms and conditions, to be determined at a later date, are met. This decision came after months of investigation and consideration, as well as water flow tests and […]
- A message from the Butler County Federated Library System - Mars Borough has been notified of a ransomware attack on the Butler County Federated Library System which includes the Mars Area Public Library. Please see the link below for the press release. Press Release_FINAL07192019
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Council MeetingFebruary 3, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Mars Borough Municipal Building
- All Mars Borough Council meetings are open to the public.
- Public Comment is welcome. (At the time of publication, time limits have not been imposed on visitors, however there is a possibility time limits will go into affect in 2020.)
Reserved - Planning Commission MeetingFebruary 10, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- All Mars Borough Planning Commission meetings are open to the public.
- The Date and Time for Planning Commission meetings is pre-selected, however if there is nothing to be addressed by the Planning Commission the meetings will not take place until the next required meeting.
- Check www.MarsBorough.com for scheduled Planning Commission meetings.
PAYMENT DUE FOR 1ST QUARTER WATER BILLSFebruary 15, 2020
PAYMENT DUE FOR 1ST QUARTER WATER BILLS
You can mail your payment to: Mars Borough, PO Box 395, Mars, PA 16046 or you can drop a check or money order off at the Borough Office located at 598 Spring Avenue, Mars, PA. If you cannot bring payment during Office Hours, you can drop your payment through the mail slot at the front door and your payment will be applied the next work day.
You can also pay online by going to http://www.marsborough.com and clicking on the QUICK LINK: PAY YOUR WATER BILL ONLINE link located on the homepage.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 724-625-1858.
Agenda MeetingFebruary 17, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- All Mars Borough Council meetings are open to the public.
- The purpose of Agenda Meetings is to discuss topics in further detail and prepare for the next month's regular Council Meeting.
A Message from Your Mayor
- Fall begins! - Fall begins and we all get into a different rhythm of life as the days get cooler and the leaves begin to turn colors to start their fall to the ground in our town. Obviously, we at the borough are trying to plan what will be our possible dates for leaf pick-up! Watch for the […]
- Summer Message from Mayor Hartung - Summer is here and the temps are heating up! Be smart and be safe. On behalf of the elected officials and employees I want to “thank you” the residents, business owners, and voters who call Mars Boroug h your home for helping with July 4th and Mars New Year. We celebrated together the country that […]
- Reflect, Stand in Place, & Move Forward - We are fortunate in being able to review, do what we are able to do within a day, and plan for the future! The Christmas holiday has us do these three steps each year. Recall those special memories, give and receive during the year-end holiday in many ways to say our “thank you” to those […]
- Thanksgiving Message from Mayor Hartung - On Thanksgiving, my family with friends, will join folks across our community in sitting down together to give thanks for the good in our lives. When I look back over the years I have served as Mayor, what strikes me most is that, despite the challenges, for the most part, we have remained kind to […]
- It’s Autumn in Mars! - Fall begins and we all get into a different rhythm of life as the days get cooler and the leaves begin to turn colors to start their fall to the ground in our town. Fall brings the longstanding Mars Apple Fest on October 6, 2018 beginning at 10:00 AM and running until 4:00 PM throughout […]
- Working Together to Make Mars Better for Tomorrow - Helping our community be the best it can be is a challenge that is always in front of me and town council members. We hear the suggestions and take them seriously! We hear the complaints and try to address them with a fair and commonsense approach to resolve the various situations. Working together is the […]
- Summer is a good time to learn! - Maybe a little less structure, but still encouraging children and our youth to be learning throughout the summer is essential for our community! The Mars Public Library has been and continues to be one of the best assets serving the area year-round. In the summer, when schools are closed and retooling for the fall, the […]
- Mayor’s 4th of July Message - MARS FOURTH OF JULY July 4th Festivities will begin with a picnic on the square in the downtown, where the spaceship is located, beginning at 3:00 PM. The afternoon will be full of food, fun, music, activities for children, and good conversation. Parade line-up will begin at 4:00 PM at Marburger Field and the Parade […]
- Gearing Up to Prepare for the Next Mars New Year in 2019! - Since February, the Mars New Year Committee has been taking the initial steps to broadly scope out the possibilities for the next planet Mars New Year celebration to take place on planet Earth in 2019. The actual Mars New Year will be celebrated on Thursday, March 21st, 2019. We will have our Blast-Off Dinner at […]
- Change Is Coming to Mars! - Change in our community is similar to the changes we experience with the seasons each year! Mars has had a number of seasons in its nearly 150 years of being a town. It started out as a railroad stop called Overbrook. When a Post Office was established, and the town began to grow beyond just […]