Mars Borough Bulletin Board
Stay up to date on important news and information.
- QUICK LINK: PAY YOUR WATER BILL ONLINE
- WATER CUSTOMERS: Please note the mailing address for water payments is PO Box 395, Mars, PA 16046.
- Click here to fill out the Mars Borough Resident Statistics form we’ll be using to create an alert system for the Borough so we can send important bulletins and emergency information (only when necessary).
- Artisan Dinner returns to Mars, August 16, 2018 - Those who attended the Artisan Dinner last year know Josh Zimmerman and his crew know how to put on one heck of an event. If you saw the pictures from last year and wished you’d been able to get a ticket, you’re in luck! August 16, 2018 the Artisan Dinner on Mars returns to Mars […]
- Recent Bear Sightings - Updated 06/29/2018 As many of you know, a bear (or two) has been sighted in Mars Borough, and the surrounding area. The Game Commission was contacted on 06/26/2018 and an officer visited the Mars Borough and spoke with several people, including a Borough Police Officer. To date, the bear has not appeared to be aggressive, […]
- CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE CANCELLED - Due to availability issues, the Championship Parade for the Mars High School basketball, wrestling, and swim teams previously scheduled for April 28, 2018 is cancelled. Never fear! These amazing athletes will be honored during the Mars Borough July 4th Celebration and Parade. We hope to see you all then!
- A Championship Parade for the State Champion Mars Area High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team and Other Sports is Slated - A parade will be held in downtown Mars at 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 28, to celebrate the championship seasons of the girls and boys basketball teams, which just ended in March. A flashback will happen with that memorable end to the girls winning the state title. “It was all tied at for the Mars […]
- Fix a Leak Week - Some of you may be familiar with the Borough policy that states if water goes through a meter at a property it’s billable. If you are aware of this policy because you have had a leak (which has, hopefully, been fixed) you know leaks can “use” a lot of water. And, I mean a lot! […]
- Residents Advised to Update Water Payment Information - It has come to our attention that some residents are still sending water payments to an old PO Box. For the last several years the appropriate PO Box for water payments has been the main Borough box, PO Box 395. This is not a recent change. We believe the post office has kindly been forwarding […]
- Water Update 01/12/2018 - Water Update 01/12/2018 (9:15 AM EST) Yet another water break has been located on Oakland Street, between Stanton Avenue and Pearl Avenue. The line has been shut off until repairs are finished, so water pressure to residents in the surrounding area should equalize soon. Only a handful of residents will be without water until the […]
- Phantom Water Leak Found! - Good news for Mars residents! A break was found in one of our largest water mains running beneath Long Alley to Pittsburgh Street. We are fairly confident this was what caused the water level to fluctuate in our reservoir the last 4-5 days. Public Works has made repairs and is gradually refilling lines, allowing for […]
Upcoming Meetings & Events
OFFICE CLOSED - Labor DaySeptember 3, 2018
Council MeetingSeptember 10, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm 598 Spring Ave, Mars, PA 16046, USA
Planning Commission MeetingSeptember 17, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Mars Borough Council Meeting Room (598 Spring Avenue, Mars, PA 16046)
The Mars Borough Planning Commission Meeting holds its meetings on the second Monday (or third Monday, when necessary) of each month.
If you wish to be put on the agenda, please call the Mars Borough office at 724-625-1858.
A Message from Your Mayor
- Working Together to Make Mars Better for Tomorrow - Helping our community be the best it can be is a challenge that is always in front of me and town council members. We hear the suggestions and take them seriously! We hear the complaints and try to address them with a fair and commonsense approach to resolve the various situations. Working together is the […]
- Summer is a good time to learn! - Maybe a little less structure, but still encouraging children and our youth to be learning throughout the summer is essential for our community! The Mars Public Library has been and continues to be one of the best assets serving the area year-round. In the summer, when schools are closed and retooling for the fall, the […]
- Mayor’s 4th of July Message - MARS FOURTH OF JULY July 4th Festivities will begin with a picnic on the square in the downtown, where the spaceship is located, beginning at 3:00 PM. The afternoon will be full of food, fun, music, activities for children, and good conversation. Parade line-up will begin at 4:00 PM at Marburger Field and the Parade […]
- Gearing Up to Prepare for the Next Mars New Year in 2019! - Since February, the Mars New Year Committee has been taking the initial steps to broadly scope out the possibilities for the next planet Mars New Year celebration to take place on planet Earth in 2019. The actual Mars New Year will be celebrated on Thursday, March 21st, 2019. We will have our Blast-Off Dinner at […]
- Change Is Coming to Mars! - Change in our community is similar to the changes we experience with the seasons each year! Mars has had a number of seasons in its nearly 150 years of being a town. It started out as a railroad stop called Overbrook. When a Post Office was established, and the town began to grow beyond just […]
- Mayor’s Message 02/15/2018 - Remembering my good friend, and the late Mayor Richard “Dick” Settlemire, as I prepare for my dad’s memorial service this month, made for many fond memories of growing-up in the area that encompasses Mars, Adams, Callery, Valencia, Middlesex, Evans City, and Zelienople. The changes brought on by population growth are almost unimaginable from the 60’s […]
- Mayor’s Message 01/11/2018 - Conserve Water Notice lifted! It was a challenging start to the New Year for residents of Mars Borough. About a week ago, our Public Works crew realized the reservoir was not keeping it’s normal level to serve the community. So, the search was on for a break in a line because of the drop in […]
- Mayor’s Top 12 List for Mars 2017 - 12. Downtown Mars attracts 2 new businesses opening in 2018 Stick City Brewing started to move in and re-invent the former fire department building into a brewery to open in the first quarter of 2018. At the other end of town in the former Sweet House Shop will become The Peach Tree Creamery & Bakery. […]